Last night I spoke with my adoption agency director about the DNA results. She gave me further information from the DNA company. It appears that Diamond and Florence are not even siblings, but they don't even know that. The woman is most likely Diamond's grandmother or aunt. They think that Florence is a distant cousin. How they all came together in their little family is still unclear. The woman was brought in from upcountry last night for questioning. She is still adamant that she is the mother, even though science proves otherwise. I don't know if she is covering something or if it is cultural and in her mind she is the mother they have always known, so she is definitely the "mother". Cheryl seems to think that she does not want the children to know that she is not their mother and that they are not siblings. At their age, I don't think they could quite comprehend all that anyway. It is a very curious situation. At this point, I have no idea what is going to happen.
I booked a ticket for the 15th of December. I seriously doubt that things will be resolved by then. But, I am hoping for some miracle. See--there's that hope word again. If I end up cancelling, I will only lose $75. Right now it is a risk I am willing to take. I am also wondering if I should just go over there and plead my case in person with the consular. Everything is so up in the air that I can only take it one day, one bit of info, at a time. And keep hoping!
1 comment:
Jessica,
I too have to keep thinking this is all going to work out somehow!
Love ya girl!
Valerie
Post a Comment