Oh, my word it is getting so close. I have waited for so long for this, and now it is just 5 days away. My head is in a fog. I am trying to get all of the Christmas presents ready and wrapped for everyone. I am trying to clean the house, clean out the garage, and I already cleaned out the car. I have to make a meal list and get all the shopping done and I have to set up babysitting for Brian. You ask, why is she doing all this, isn't her husband a capable adult? For the most part, yes. But, I am playing the good wife and trying to lighten his load. Plus, we all know he won't be cleaning out the car or the garage while I am gone. Men don't multitask. But the biggest reason is that Brian found out that his thesis is due the week after I get back and I do NOT want to be writing if for him as I deal with two new children and jet lag. I figure if I take away as many excuses as I can, he might actually buckle down and write his paper. We'll see.
I leave Saturday at 2:30 from Savannah. I have everything I personally need, I just haven't started packing yet. I am waiting for a box of AFAA house stuff to arrive. I start my malaria meds on Friday. I am pretty sure they don't cause hallucinations, but the doctor said he could not guarantee how my body would react. My brother took malaria meds years ago that caused him to hallucinate like he was possessed of the devil. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen.
So, I am getting very close to being ready to go--physically, anyway. I have been so scared lately. My friends who have recently gotten their children home have had quite an adjustment. Speaking of possessed by the devil, I am pretty sure Sophia has been lately as well. The excitement of the adoption and Christmas are taking their toll. She was sawing a hole in my table with a steak knife the other day. Yesterday, she shredded the window screens. She freaked out at Walmart and started screaming, I hate you Mommy, so loud that everyone could hear it. So, the question of the day is, Am I woman enough to handle 4 children doing things like that and 3 older ones who are better behaved, but still need my attention? I am not sure. But I suppose there are only two options here: Learn to do it, or death. Seeing as I am not ready for the latter, I guess I am going to have to hit this challenge head on! Won't this be a Christmas to remember!
1 comment:
The Sophia moments are comforting to some of us! Hang in there, what lies before us and what lies behind us are nothing compared to what lies within us!
Post a Comment