The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Friday, December 28, 2007

Family pictures--Or not

Today was our first outing as a family out of the neighborhood. We went to Savannah for family pictures. It would have been better if I had gotten us out of the house sooner, but I am still trying to juggle this seven kids thing. I had to do Florence's hair for the first time. I rocked, though! I divided it into little braids and beaded it--so cute. But it took me 90 minutes--ugh! I can not do that very often so I will be looking for easier hairdos--especially since there is no way I will be able to figure out cornrows.


The family pictures were a flop because Giselle was too wiggly and Diamond was absolutely against pictures at all. He was very difficult, but if we made jokes about farting, he would smile. . . briefly. We also took all the kids out to a restaurant. Yes, people stared like we were a freak show! But the kids were really great, even though they were so tired.

So here are a few of the cute pictures we took and a few of the not so cute pictures we took!

3 comments:

Richardson Family said...

Your family is absolutely beautiful. I'm always amazed at how different kids look when they come have a shower and new clothes. Florence's hair does look awesome!
I have to try the bead thing. You look like a 7 kid natural!
Sue

The Pasquinelli Family said...

Awesome hair-do, Jess! I tried beads on Princess, but she doesn't like them, so maybe I'll send them out to you! :) You have a beautiful family...and we get stared at like a parade, too, so I can empathize!! Jess, you look like an older sister instead of a "Mom"! Beautiful!

Valerie said...

Jess,

Based on the story you tell Brian does rock! You also rock with the beads and this is the greatest looking family ever. I don't care what the people in GA think!

Valerie

Where Much is Given, Much is Required