The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Continuing Saga

The latest info from Cheryl,

Hello Jessica - I am sending a copy of this e-mail to Karen so she knows what Nadime has just told me on the phone at 7pm, Liberian time, 12/3/07.

* One of our case workers, Abrahim, went in to the interior (the bush) and brought back Diamond's birthmother. Nadime spoke with her today about the situation and she said it was her mother's idea (Diamond's grandmother) to say she was the birthmother. These are totally uneducated people and this is West African culture, so this would be a typical, normal attitude and would not be something they were trying to hide.

* Diamond's real birthmother knows Florence's real birthmother and she said she is in Monrovia. The two women are supposed to be go to the Embassy tomorrow, along with the supposed birthmother and Nadime and Karen - they will discuss the entire situation before they go and again with Alma Gurski.

* I am hopeful that Alma will allow this adoption to continue with the paperwork as it is but I will not be surprised if she wants at least relinquishments from the two, real birthmothers. That is not difficult to obtain and can be done in a matter of days.

* Hopefully, Alma will not want more DNA testing done but if she does then it must be done.

I will know more tomorrow after they all go to the Embassy and I call in to Nadime.

Hang in there - I do believe have hope that this will all be worked out soon.

Cheryl

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Jessica,

This is good news. Alma will rip them a new one it won't be pleasant for the women who have been lying and possibly for Nadime. She is lucky Jessie was just relived of her duties she may look like a hero! Valerie

Richardson Family said...

I just caught up on As the Adoption Turns....This will all be great for the book later on, although I'm totally jelous that you will get all the attention!
Jess, it will work out, I know its meant to be!
Thinking of you all the time
Sue

Where Much is Given, Much is Required