So, on the latest episode of "As the Adoption Turns", the birthmother, who is actually the Grandmother of Diamond, but of no relation to Florence, was brought in to be questioned at the AFAA house. By morning, when they were supposed to talk to her, the woman disappeared again. They called her and asked her to come back, she never did. They are looking for her again.
Here is the amazing news, that shows me there are no such things as coincidences in life--it's all in God's plan. Cheryl (my adoption agency director) called Karen (one of my close adopting friends), who just happens to be in Liberia right now picking up her son, Ishamel, and asked if she would help. If there is anyone I trust implicitly to help, it is Karen. Karen called another of our friends, Valerie, mom to Akins (aka Junior), who contacted me and relayed all the information Karen had. This group of adopting friends has blessed my life in so many ways, and now may be credited with saving my adoption!! (Sharon (mother to Princess and Jemama) has also been there for me when I have called her at all hours crying and stressed--Thank you, Sharon!)
Here is the info that I have recieved thus far:
From Karen (through Valerie), The children were interviewed and they know that the woman is not their birthmother after all. In fact, they know the names of their real birthmothers. Also, Cheryl asked Karen to go into the consular, Alma Gurski, and plead my case on Tuesday when she has her exit interview. She is going to try to find out what needs to be done. I just received an email from her as follows in regards to my letter to the consular--which I will include in another post:
Thanks Jessica! I need your prayers for tomorrow!! I got your children's shoe sizes. They are in inches. Both children's feet measured 6 1/2 inches. Diamond was so cute yesterday. We spoke to him and Florence after their nap and he was barely awake. He stumbled out in long jeans, a long sleeve button down shirt buttoned all wrong, and one shoe on and one off. Nadime is hoping the mother shows up today. She is going to tell her that the children have told her the truth and see if she confirms/adds to the story. I'll be in touch later on today. I am also going to try and get pictures to Valerie so she can post them. I have to send them two at a time.
Take care,
Karen
My adoption agency director, Cheryl, has also been very kind to me and working so hard on my behalf. She sent Abrahim, one of AFAA's case workers into the interior or the bush to see if he can locate and identify Florence and Diamond's real birth mothers. My fingers are crossed.
I am still in limbo waiting for some answers. It could go in so many different directions, it causes great anxiety for me to contemplate what will happen. It is not good news that Diamond's father is in the picture. If the real birthmother and father are married, he is not eligible for adoption. If the consular wants the Liberian paperwork changed to reflect the truth accurately, it will mean another 4 month wait to get new Liberian passports. If the consular doesn't trust anyone, basically we're out of luck entirely. The birthmothers may be embarrassed and could come and take the children back. So many what ifs.
No comments:
Post a Comment