The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Communication from Karen

Here are clips of emails I have received from Karen from Dec. 2-3. I am so glad she is over there. I know this was divine intervention on my behalf. I am trying to keep track of everything I learn about the children's situation so that I can either use it for our book, or I can at least document it for the children's future. I know I will not be able to remember every detail, and this is a story that I should not forget. The more the children know about their "story" the better I think they will deal with the adoption and their path in life.


I got it. The internet has been painfully slow. I spoke with Diamonds grandmother today and finally got her to tell the truth. She is going to bring Florenc's mom and Diamond's mom to the AFAA house tomorrow so they can go to the embassy. I explained a lot of things to her. One, the DNA doesn't lie and there is no way the consular will believe her that she is Florence's grandmother. She wanted to know why she as the grandmother could not give Diamond away and why we had to bring her daughter in. I told her I had to go through the same thing with Angeline. We had to tell the grandmother she had to find her daughter. They both happened to be there as well and she started to trust me. I assured her she was not in trouble but she could not lie to the consular again if she wanted the children to go to America. I explained the American father was a doctor and he could possible help Florence and she could be healthy and grow. I told her we wanted to help her but could not d o that unless she was willing to tell us the truth. She broke down and started crying and said she knew the mom and she lived in the city. She asked if they were going to do DNA on the two women. I told her I did not know but she has to be 100% truthful because the consular is very tough and she is not going to be happy.

Thanks Jessica! I need your prayers for tomorrow!! I got your children's shoe sizes. They are in inches. Both children's feet measured 6 1/2 inches. Diamond was so cute yesterday. We spoke to him and Florence after their nap and he was barely awake. He stumbled out in long jeans, a long sleeve button down shirt buttoned all wrong, and one shoe on and one off. Nadime is hoping the mother shows up today. She is going to tell her that the children have told her the truth and see if she confirms/adds to the story. I'll be in touch later on today. I am also going to try and get pictures to Valerie so she can post them. I have to send them two at a time.

Jessica Florence's mom had her when she was very young and gave herto Diamond's grandmother when she was only six months old. I believethat is why the grandmother considered her a daughter.

Jess, both children look very muchlike their mothers. There is no way anyone would question that.Florence's mom looks about 18. I am going to try and get an okay foryou to travel for that appointment. I honestly don't think you willhave any more problems.

No comments:

Where Much is Given, Much is Required