The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm Here in Africa!!!

After 24 hours of sheer hell, I am finally here and soooo exhausted. I don't sleep a wink on planes, so I have now gone 36 hours without sleep and the room is spinning around me. I almost passed out waiting for luggage at the Monrovia airport. That was sheer madness like I have never seen. It is not super hot, but it is super humid and there is no electricity here. So imagine that climate with about 200 people and all of their lugguge crammed into one very small baggage claim area trying to get their bags through customs. It was chaos to say the least.

I didn't realize how long of a drive it was from the airport to Monrovia, so it was definitely out of the question to go see the kids at the AFAA house. We will go there tomorrow, I just don't know what time. I also don't know when I will be able to go to the MOFA to fight for Kurker's passport. I am at the mercy of others will right now.

I have to sleep because my eyes are getting blurry. I will contact everyone tomorrow. I love you all--I am safe, just sooo tired.

1 comment:

Richardson Family said...

So glad you are safe and sound.
Can't wait to hear about the best moment coming, meeting the kids!!

Where Much is Given, Much is Required