Today was not such a great day. Florence's birth mother did not show up for our interview. I gave the mother $40 to go into the bush and find her and bring her back. She said she didn't want to come because last time the consular wouldn't even see her and she didn't want to waste her time again. Alma refused to give me a visa for Florence until the mother shows up. We have another appointment tomorrow at 2 pm. I am praying for her to come through tomorrow. If not, we try again for the next day, if that doesn't happen, I will not be home for Christmas. I am very worried, but trying to keep calm. I really could use some prayers.
There is much more to talk about and pictures to post, but I am very tired, hungry and emotional right now. I will post more later after dinner.
2 comments:
Jess, I love you!
you are so brave, and you have been in my prayers.
Jessica,
You can do this!! Never stop believing in yourself or your cause. Stay in touch with the compassion that inspired your desire to adopt. Dig deep and refortify. You know who you are, and there's nothing that can happen in Africa to take that away from you. You've come this far, and it has taken tremendous courage. I know your journey has been discouraging, but it is these difficult times that will provide a beautiful contrast to the good life ahead. Regardless of what happens, commit to take the process one day at a time. Rest assured with the confidence that you can rise to the challenges that await you that day. You are a strong woman. You go girl!!!
Post a Comment