The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Passports Magically Appear

After a month of questioning our agency, we still had not heard where and when our passports would arrive. I began getting emails telling me that passports were only taking four weeks for all other families using other agencies. I became very confused and frustrated by the discrepancies. But, after a bit of an unnecessary blow up on my end, our passports magically appeared on July 14th--long painful story. The mystery has yet to be solved as to why other agencies were getting them and ours was not, however, I didn't necessarily need to know the truth, I just needed passports!

I am currently awaiting word that my adoption is complete. At that point the U.S. Embassy in Liberia can do a field investigation to legitimize their orphan status and approve their exit interview. It is their exit interview that I will be present for in Liberia. Right now, I am scheduled to travel with my mother leaving September 8th. I still have not been given final confirmation, but am praying for more miracles. I know it will all work out, but that doesn't mean there won't be headaches in the meantime (and believe me, there have been)!

No comments:

Where Much is Given, Much is Required