The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Oh, yeah! It's my birthday! June 6, 2007

Actually, my real birthday is in January, but I am now thinking of changing it to June 6th because it was better than any birthday I've ever had! Everything that I had been hoping for the last few months happened on the same exact day. First, and most importantly, we got our referral for an adorable little girl and boy--Florence and Diamond. Yes, the very ones that I had already inquired about a month earlier. Second, we sold Brian's RX-8. Third, we just so happened to find the perfect bedroom set for a perfect price. Fourth, we got our immigration approval after waiting for seven weeks.

Through the AFAA internet group, I met an Air Force wife stationed in San Antonio, who was also adopting a little boy. We began emailing regularly. One day, she emailed me and said, "I just got off the phone with AFAA, and they said that if I was willing to take a sibling group, they had some available right now." She only wanted one, but she knew that I had been waiting. I called three minutes after I got the email. I was told that there was a sibling set that had just been turned down by another family because the little girl had growth issues. Diamond, boy, age 4, and Florence, girl, age 5. I knew the names, they were the exact kids I had inquired about a month earlier and was told they were taken. Because of that, I felt these kids were destined to be mine. It took me several days to get information and pictures. I had to beg and plead daily and then even pay for the agency to overnight pictures to me but, when I saw their beautiful faces, I fell madly in love! Those were definitely my kids. Here is the info that was given to me for the referral:




As of April 2007 Diamond Pencheau-male, is approx. 32lbs and 2ft11in/4yrs old-smart pre-K/Diamond is the brother of Florence . He has an estimated date of birth of July 2002 and is believed to be about 4 years of age. Diamonds’s situation is what is explained for his sister, Florence . Diamond has tested HIV negative. He came into the AFAA/Liberian Foster Home with his sister, on April 29, 2006. Diamond’s affidavit of consent, from his birthmother is completed-his birth certificate is being processed. Florence & Diamond have older siblings-Barccus who is an estimated 27, Miatta who is believed to be about 35 and Linda who is believed to be about 21 years of age. Diamond is reported to be a smart little guy who is friendly and kind. He has started learning how to write and recognize letters. Diamond reportedly likes to play a lot.

Florence Pencheau- female, is approx. 28lbs and 2ft11in/6yrs old-slow, small-nursery/Florence is the sister of Diamond. She is believed to be about 5 years of age. Her estimated date of birth is Oct. 2001. Diamond and Florence lived with their birth mother who asked that the kids be placed for adoption. Their birth father was shot in the leg in Aug. 2003- he is handicapped and unable to care for his children. Florence has tested HIV negative. Florence ’s affidavit of consent form her birthmother and her birth certificate are complete-other documents will need to be completed after a family decides if they would like to adopt Florence and her brother, Diamond. Florence is reported to be on the quite side and does well spending time alone, amusing herself.



So we also sold our car and was able to pay off our new 12 passenger bus! And we just so happened to find someone selling an 8 piece AICO (very high quality) bedroom set for $3500. It was practically brand new. Canopy bed, with fluted posters, 2 nightstands with marble tops, two gorgeous dressers and a huge armoire. We couldn't believe our luck! We haven't set it up yet since it is very large and our house here is small, but we will as soon as we get to Georgia. Now, everything is in order and we are prepared for those babies to come. Here is a picture of one of the dressers:

No comments:

Where Much is Given, Much is Required