The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Passport Debaucle

After receiving our referral, I was informed that it could potentially take a very long time to get my children home because of the "passport problem." According to my agency, no passports had been issued in Liberia since March. At first I thought, "Alright, I will just have to pray for a miracle." But, as I began to ask around in my yahoo groups of people using different agencies, I realized that passports really were being issued, just not to AFAA children.

I think sometimes miracles wrought by faith just take time and patience, and sometimes they require action. I feel rather confidently that God put the strange notion in my head that something wasn't right with the story I had been given. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where the problem lay, but I knew the explanation wasn't coherent. I began emailing around to other mothers of AFAA who had Liberian referrals, asking what they knew and what they had been told. It was amazing, it was like they had had they same notion put into their heads, and they too wanted answers. From that frustrating discrepancy arose a fabulous friendship of several women all waiting for their African babies to come home, and several prayers were answered for all of us!

No comments:

Where Much is Given, Much is Required