The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Angry Eyes and Pouty Lips




My younger sister, Tiffany, as I've mentioned before on the blog, is working to become a fashion stylist and styles women for personal photo shoots. My youngest sister, Janey, is an amateur photographer and loves to shoot fashion. So for sisters' night out the other night, I got to be the guinea pig. First, they took me shopping and tried all kinds of outfits on me. Tiffany wanted to push me outside of my fashion comfort zone-which technically is not hard to do when you're the mother of seven children!

My sisters gave me a makeover, dressed me up and took me into a cow pasture to snaps some pics. I have never modeled a day in my life except for ballet shoots. I found myself taking up dance stances and realized that when coupled with the "sexy model face" were a little bit too hoochie mama for my liking, so some of these are cropped. I got a kick out of trying to do the "model thing." Janey was coaching me telling me where to look and how to look and how to pout my lips and how to lean. I had this vision of Toy Story II where Mrs. Potato head says to Mr. Potato head, "And just in case, I packed your ANGRY EYES!" I felt like a potato head mixing and matching Angry Eyes and Pouty Lips and Sexy Face. To say the least, I felt a little old and ridiculous, but overall it was very fun and now I have a few pictures for my children to know that I was young and in-shape once, too.











2 comments:

Tiffany Wilson said...

I LOVE THEM!!! You don't give yourself nearly enough credit. I really like the angry eyes and pouty lips. Now that you've picked out the best ones and cropped and edited a bit, I think they are fantastic! Thanks for being my model. I'm really proud of the outfits, but it also helped to have an awesome body to put them on!! Love you!

Stacylyn said...

I think you look BEAUTIFUL!!! Stunning. I love the one of you smiling by the fence.

Where Much is Given, Much is Required