The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Friday, July 2, 2010

Daegu


It is official, our orders have been changed to Daegu, which is 250 miles south of where we were going to be stationed up near the DMZ. There are pros and cons about it, but it is where I think will be best for us. I think we are going to end up going for three years, but the clincher is that they are no longer giving command sponsorship right off the bat with Daegu. That means that either I have to wait here in Tennessee for four to six months without Brian, or we pay for us to go over as a family and wait over there until the Army gives us command sponsorship. Without command sponsorship, I will have to homeschool the children and get on waiting lists for dental and medical care. The medical care I'm not that worried about because Brian is a doctor and the dental care I am going to take care of when I am in Utah.

I wonder why things have to be so complicated with my life and why things cannot just be predictable for once. Maybe because I actually fear monotony more than this craziness that envelops me at every turn. I feel peace about everything and know it will all work out, but it has been an exhausting ride and we still do not have many of the answers we need. Our first set of movers came on Wednesday for the quick shipment that gets flown to Korea of about 600 lbs. The stuff that is going into storage for two to three years gets packed Tues and Wed, and the rest of our furniture going to Korea gets packed and slow boated on Thursday. We are leaving for Utah one week for today. Brian will fly to Korea on the 25th or so and I will join him by the third week of August.

Oakley gets back from scout camp today and we took the kids rock climbing and swimming today after pack for awhile. I am still going to school and trying to squeeze all my homework in between packing, cleaning, sorting and entertaining kids. We don't drink coffee, but I will say I am thankful for my mineral waters that keep me moving!

1 comment:

Tiffany Wilson said...

You need to call me. This is all news to me. It sounds like a nightmare. And where are you going to stay for 6 weeks here in Utah? If you see this before we talk, call me ASAP.

Where Much is Given, Much is Required