Yesterday, Brian's branch manager sent a letter to the Colonel in Korea requesting that he sign our paperwork and promised that Brian would have follow-on assignment after his year assignment with the Fires brigade. (She has been so awesome, I will tell more about it when I finally have a full story to tell.) Anyway, the COL called Brian last night and he was ticked off about the email she sent. He said that he is calling to talk to her today and I think he is going to pull rank on her and chew her out--she's only a Major (which for those of you unfamililar with Army officer rank, it goes 2nd Lieutenant, 1st Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lietenant Colonel, Colonel, then General). Rank is a big deal in the Army to say the least.
Basically, today the crap and the fan are going to meet with a Major working on our behalf and a Colonel that is the quintessential Army officer and always puts the needs of the Army first. I am not in the Army so I don't really get the whole rank thing, but I am very worried about the Major. She has been so good to us and I don't want her to get in trouble because of us. Brian says she's probably used to this--but I'm still worried. Anyway it goes, something is going to give today and our family's future is hanging in the balance. I'm pretty stressed right now. It's not easy to have your life in someone else's control. . . especially if you're a control freak like me.
So hopefully tomorrow I will know a little bit more about where my life is headed. . . until then I must stay busy. Good thing I have seven bored children, a ton of homework, a gospel doctrine lesson on David and Bathsheba to write, and an enormous load of packing to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment