Crazy miracles have occurred just like when we moved from Alaska. It is a long, involving story which I will tell next week. This Sunday, I have to teach Gospel Doctrine on Saul/David and people with pride issues AND speak in Sacrament meeting. Chloe and Gwynyth also have to speak in Sacrament meeting, Oakley has to sing with the young men. I have a giant assignment to finish for MFT5312, and for some strange reason the kids want attention. . . go figure. So, basically, I will be sure to tell a good story next week.
Chloe is at girl's camp this week. We went to see skit night last night and found out that girl's camp is at an old barn in the middle of a giant corn field. The first thing Brian said when we got there was, "Good thing Chloe's never watched Children of the Corn, or she wouldn't be camping right next to those corn rows." The first night they were there a huge electrical storm, with fierce winds, blew their tents into the cornfields. After chasing them down and putting them in a trailer, all the girls and leaders from the stake had to sleep in the bales of hay inside the barn. . . apparently the hay was chigger infested and it didn't make for a good night's sleep. But, when we showed up, Chloe was all smiles and said she was having "sooooo much fun!"
Gwynyth's feet are now the same size as mine so every Sunday I have to fight with her about why she cannot yet wear my three inch heels. The older three kids are having to face the realities of imminent puberty and every other day they complain about it saying, "Then we won't be able to run around the house in our underwear." Duh, folks, you're not supposed to be doing that now, but I guess that's another one of the things I yell that goes in one ear and out the other.
Diamond is obsessed with being a superhero. The other day after dinner, only he and Sophia were left at the table. Offhandedly, he said to Sophie, "Come and get me when you get a bloody nose." Brian asked him why and if he was going to fix her bloody nose like a doctor. "No," he answered, "I want to used her blood to make my giant machine come to life so I can ride on it and save the world." Hmmm. . . is that indicative of a child who watches way too much TV?
1 comment:
Jess, So did you get your orders? I can't wait that long for you to tell the story.
Post a Comment