Okay, so I was waiting to see if there would be a conclusion to my Korea saga before telling the story. . . but no, it has become even more twisty and turny and I'm getting motion sickness on this crazy ride. My favorite ride at Disney World was called Test Track at Epcot. That ride is the perfect metaphor for my life right now. It jerks and bumps, almost runs into a semi and then is headed full speed for a solid wall, when suddenly it opens up and at 90 miles an hour the car whips around a race track with such a significant G force that the riders have to peel themselves off the side of the car at the end. Yeah, that about sums up what is going on.
I will go back and give all the details later. I'm behind in homework. I cleaned the garage, took apart the trampoline and took the kids to the lake today, so I'm tired. But in a nutshell, basically Brian called his brigade commander in Korea and he told Brian that unless he found a PA assignment for the second year (his current assignment ends in Nov. 2011) he would not allow the family to come command sponsored, so we'd be going only for one year on our own dime. Brian called his branch manager and asked for help, she is in the process of helping but said we may be going to Taegu instead of Dongducheon, which is in the south instead of the north. It would be a much better situation for us, but we don't want to get our hopes up because of the apparent volatility of the situation right now. If we go to Taegu we have to reapply for command sponsorship which will take at least 21 days longer which means we will not be able to travel together. That means that I will have to travel with 7 children and 1600 lbs of luggage by myself from L.A. after dropping off our van at the port to ship to Korea. Okay, this is getting long and tedious just to write.
Bottom line, our movers are scheduled to come in two weeks, but we do not know when or where we are going or when we will know. . . I love how you never know what's around the corner for the Simons family. . .so brace yourself for a crazy ride if you're following our adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment