
I love where we live in Daegu. We seriously lucked out with the apartment we got. Not only is it probably one of the biggest apartments around, it is within walking distance of the downtown shopping district. Brian and I will feed the kids dinner on Saturday nights and head out to go hang out downtown. It's crazy busy, but so much fun. This particular night, we went to the Holy Grill for American food and walked around looking at funny things. I will get more pictures in the future, but here was one funny Konglish shirt that made us laugh.

Below is a bus restaurant. Koreans are super into themed restaurants. They have giant airplanes all over that have been set up on pillars and made into restaurants. They have a giant honeycomb that's an eatery. The funny thing is that there's not much variation in the food--it's all a lot of food with tentacles.

These last few pictures are of the last major snowfall in the city in February. The whole city was a whitish grey. The bad thing about snow in the city is that it's really dirty from the smog by the time it hits the ground. I had to explain several times to my younger children that eating the snow was not only disgusting but also carcinogenic--and, of course I used that word because obviously they know what that means :).

Since no one has yards around here, snowball fights occur on the tops of buildings. This building is right next to ours and we watched as a dad took his two little girls out to throw snowballs and build a snowman on the roof. Unfortunately, our building is one of the few buildings with a pitched roof, so we don't get that luxury.

Spring is here and I will soon add more colorful pictures of the cherry blossoms. We are leaving Friday to take all the kids on vacation to Taiwan. We're pretty dang excited about that! I love that my kids are getting to see the world, but I'm especially excited to take them snorkeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment