I'm struggling tonight, so I know this is going to sound more depressing than it is. I know it really isn't a big deal in the big picture, but I am scared more than anything. The DNA tests must be run again. We should have an answer by Friday night or Saturday morning--which is actually faster than I thought it would be. Originally, when I talked to the DNA lab, they warned me this could happen. They made it sound like it actually happens quite often. The truth is that I knew in my gut that this was going to happen. Yet, it really made me concerned tonight when my friend Sharon's DNA test came back positive. I am so happy for Sharon and she will now get to get her kids home before Christmas for sure. It just makes me wonder if it is a bad omen for me.
I have been concerned all along about the legitimacy of this women as their mother, so now this just brings up more fears. In my mind, I can not figure out why the woman would come back from up country where she had been at a funeral to get the testing if she were not really the mother. It seems that she would understand that this test was going to prove her motherhood or prove her a liar. I wouldn't show up if it meant that everyone would know I was lying. But, I guess you never know.
So my dilemma is that if there is any chance of me going in December, I must purchase my ticket on Friday. I may not know the results by then, so do I take the risk of purchasing or not? At the most I stand to lose is $75--which relatively is a small cost compared to all the other adoption costs. But, I just don't know.
My biggest fear is that she is not the mother. I do not know what will happen at that point, how long it will take, or what will be done. I guess I will reassess on Saturday, so I might as well not go there right now.
So, the major stress is whether or not to buy that ticket. To buy or not to buy, that is the question!
No comments:
Post a Comment