I think it is making it harder to wait for Diamond and Florence now that we are in our house where they will live. In San Antonio, I didn't bother to get ready for their coming, because they weren't coming there. But now there are empty beds and empty drawers waiting for them. I have also been trying to figure out their home school schedule and get Sophia (who will be in the same grade as the other two) on it. I have also been trying to figure out what tap and ballet and gymnastic clothing they will both need to get into their classes right away.
As for my other five children, they are loving it here in Hinesville. That is one thing that I adore about my children. They are so accepting of people and changes and can make the most of everything. Their innocence and their love of life flows into everyone else's lives. It is beautiful to watch. People love my children because they open their hearts to everyone and everything right off. So it is here.
The kids are all in ballet, tap, and gymnastics four days a week. The older three are starting piano soon. Gwynyth and Oakley start soccer this week (Chloe outright refused to have anything to do with a sport that required running. I guess that eliminates most sports!) They are doing school again and getting back in the swing of it. I don't know how elementary school teachers do it with 25 ADD children all coming back from summer break. I would pull my hair out! It always takes a few weeks to get the groove going, even in home school.
We had our first field trip today. It was so much fun and reminded me of the entire reason I home school. I love teaching my children. I love watching them learn. I love the excitement in their faces when understanding comes to their minds. I love being part of that every day. So, back to the field trip, we visited a pond out in the woods on Ft. Stewart. We were able to walk around the pond and watch turtles and alligators (yes, no lie) in their natural habitats. The kids took samples of the soil and learned about spores, lichens, mosses, fungi and collected samples. They got to observe a swamp next to the pond. They watched an incredible looking bird like a heron, only black and brown. There were huge butterflies of every color and dragonflies everywhere. Oh, and then we realized amonst the wildlife everywhere were fire ants biting our feet and mosquitos biting our faces. Thus ended our lovely outing as we ran for the car! It was fun, the kids really enjoyed it, insect attacks and all.
3 comments:
What a fun field trip...except for the mosquitos and ants. I am not able to post on muaa again. So frustrating. Did you get my personal email to you earlier today?
I am glad things are going so well in your new town (that you did not build..yet).
Shelby
What a great teacher you are! I wish I was on the field trip too - sounds like you had a lot of fun! Florence and Diamond will have a blast with your family.
Sharon
Jess,
Thanks for you help on muaa. I sent you an email last night (9/15) and today (9/16). Did you get either?? I tried to email Val also. I am calling my provider tomorrow.
Post a Comment