The Simons Family
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Bring it on. . . Mommy's My Job
One night Brian offered Gwynyth some jalepenos and some spicy buffalo sauce on her chicken sandwich. He is always trying to challenge her taste buds to greater heights because she is the only other person in the family that appreciates hot, spicy food. Her response was, "Bring it on, spicy's my job!" Apparently, she takes this position in the family very seriously. I thought it was cute, but as I thought more about her response, I really admired her attitude. She took something daunting and turned it into a challenge. So I changed her her words slightly and made it into a motto for myself: "Bring it on. . . Mommy's my Job!" It has been very fortifying this week as I dealt night after night with various children puking and crying all night. Then I had to drag myself out of bed in the morning and do school for the kids that weren't sick. It was a rough week, but I just kept repeating that mantra over and over and reminding myself that I chose this life and not only that, I am going to be adding to the chaos, of my own free will and choice. Now, when people ask me "How do you do it?" , and we all know they actually mean, "Why do you do it?" I can say, because I want to and mommy's my job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where Much is Given, Much is Required
No comments:
Post a Comment