
Both Diamond and Sophia turned 8 this past summer, but they chose to wait to be baptized until Grandma and Grandpa came to visit us this past week. This is our fifth baptismal service in our family. I can't believe I only have one child left to be baptized. They are all growing up so fast!

We did the baptismal service on Sunday after our block of meetings. My mom spoke on baptism and I spoke on the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's the fifth time I've given the same talk, all the kids have my stories committed to heart by now. Oakley and Chloe gave prayers, Brian baptized and my dad confirmed the kids. As a special treat, a young man who has been investigating the church asked to join in our service and also be baptized at the same time. He is a really great guy and our kids love him, so we were more than happy that he joined us.

Following the service, all of the branch members brought food and we had a big luncheon. It was so fun. I really adore all of the people in our branch and it was incredible the way that they showed support for our children. The only other family baptism that rendered that kind of turn out was Chloe's because we did it in Utah where both sides of the family could come. That was probably the most optimal scenario, but this was a close second.
No comments:
Post a Comment