The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Busan and the Temple of the Dragon

One of the days we drove south to Haeundae Beach in Busan. It was a beautiful day to walk the beach. This place is really fun when it's not swarming with people.





I had to take a picture of this because it cracks me up. Koreans do not have push-style liquid soap dispensers. As high tech as everything in Korea is, you would think that some kind of automatic soap dispenser would be standard in every bathroom. But, no. This is what you get instead--soap on a stick for everyone to rub their dirty hands on.


We also visited Haedong Yong Gungsa--or Temple of the Dragon--a Buddhist temple out on the cliffs of the ocean just north of Busan. Incredible!!! I had never been here before, so it was a new adventure for all of us.




































We also took Grandma and Grandpa antique shopping, downtown for Turkish food, out to lunch for Indian food and one time to Korean barbeque. I think they enjoyed their short taste of our life in Korea and then they headed out to China. We haven't heard much from them since, but they should be getting home any day now and I am anxious to hear about the rest of their adventures.

No comments:

Where Much is Given, Much is Required