The Simons Family
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Putting Things in Perspective
You know, I woke up this morning and realized that I've been looking at everything all wrong. I've been feeling sorry for myself and the fact that I am going to be raising seven kids alone for a year and a half. I snuck out last night with Brian to DQ for our ten minute date--like a power date:)--and we were talking about everything that is coming up for us. He said, "It is what it is, and we can cry about it or we can make the best of it and become better people." He is such a great guy! I suddenly realized that he's the one getting the short end of the stick, not me. He has to leave his family for over a year and go to a place where bombs are passed out like candy. He is going to miss a whole year of his children's lives. He doesn't have a family support system to entertain him when he's lonely on the weekends. He gets to sleep on a cot and eat in a chow hall or MRE's for a year. And here he is looking on the positive side of things. Okay, I suck! He's right, it is what it is and God will help us through this! So, here's to the amazing and brave soldier that I am lucky to call my husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where Much is Given, Much is Required
3 comments:
You are an amazing, inspiring person. This is what I have always remembered about you!
Oh I love you guys. So glad you are moving closer to family and friends.
Wow. Jessica you are a tough one. Sorry to hear about all the "trials" your family is having. I wish you the best.
Post a Comment