Today, church resumed in my front room, and this time the other kids were invited. Diamond and Florence are trying to teach my children the words to the songs, but with their thick Liberian accents, the kids are coming up with some interesting versions. Chloe told me that she is pretty sure the words are "We wash our car for Jesus." I'm pretty sure that isn't right, but, I suppose we all have our own ways of worshipping and then singing about it--maybe they do wash their car for Jesus in Liberia:)! Here are the pictures of "African Church at the Simons House".


The Simons Family
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Glory, Hallelujah!!
There is a new favorite past time at the Simons--drumming, dancing, and singing African spirituals. Yesterday, Diamond found a small Fisher-Price toy drum in the cupboard. He started drumming and singing in his very loud Liberian voice praise and worship songs to Jesus. Pretty soon Florence arrived on the scene, also singing loudly and dancing until she was in a sweat. They continued on like this for 45 minutes (of course the batteries were dead in all my camers). Then suddenly it went quiet and Diamond announced to me that church was out and it was time to go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where Much is Given, Much is Required
1 comment:
Jess,
I have never known kids that will dance and break into song at any moment like these children. Sounds like a lot of fun, I want to come play.
Valerie
Post a Comment