Diamond got his first real birthday party this year. His first birthday with us, we only had our family and the missionaries. His second birthday was very small and celebrated at the lake house with not really much in the way of cake or presents. This year he got his own birthday party with a cake and presents and he was ecstatic.
We had almost all his cousins on the Simons side and the Top side come up to Kiwanis Park in the mountains above Grandma's house.
We roasted hot dogs and marshmellows and the kids ran and explored the woods and creek bed.
Brian kicked all their butts by doing ten. I guess Brian has the advantage being in the Army and having to do pull-ups on a regular basis.
I have to admit I was impressed with their efforts. Pull-ups aren't easy for guys that are 6'4" to 6'8". They are, however, easy for Florence. That girl is a machine in a little girl's body! She did six pull-ups and put some of her uncles to shame.
It was a fun night to have all my family together. I think that will be the last time we're altogether for many, many years. I am beginning to think that we are in the phase of life where you have to go your own way and aren't as involved with extended relatives anymore. By the time we get back from Korea, Oakley will be on his way to college or close to it and Chloe will be right behind him. Life goes so fast. . . well, okay, let me clarify. . . life goes so fast unless you're pregnant, you're husband deploys, or you're living in a hotel suite with seven kids, then it sort of drags!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Diamond!
Post a Comment