The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Monday, September 7, 2009

A Little Slice of Tennesee Life


I am easily amused by little things and love to laugh. You may not be. If not, well, too bad for you, but at least you'll get an idea of my new surroundings!

Pawn shop, strip bars, and tatoo parlors account for the majority of business in military towns. For some reason, these to rival pawn shops across the street from each other, each have giant pink elephants out front. I have no idea why. Is there something about a pink elephant that makes you want to sell your crap there? I've never been to a pawn shop, so I don't know. But, every time we drive by the kids think the circus is in town. No, kids the town is a circus!





Classic South. I love it.

Apparently when Tony left, he took all the money with him so they couldn't afford a new sign. If all else fails, just cross his name out.


Rojeena's Grocery & Beer, one of my favorite establishments in town!





I am in the Bible Belt and there is a church on every corner. Options galore. I like the above option because I could stay looking like a slouch 24/7, instead of the 24/6 that I'm currently at. The church below makes me laugh every time I drive by. It strikes me as funny to be a church and have to advertise as "friendly". Do they share their crackers? Hug you as soon as you walk in the door? Any way it goes, it sure sounds nice!







This is my favorite! My, oh, my you sho are high steppin today with them seven inch bangs. That's one fancy string perm mullet you got yourself! And remember, folks, it's not just a beauty salon, it's a "lifestyle boutique."

Cute little old farm house.

Tobacco is a huge crop here. I've never seen it in real life until I moved here, but this farm is about a mile from our house. There is also a huge tobacco farm that surrounds the Middle school and High school where Oak and Chloe go. I think that is the perfect place to put those schools. It really teaches children that smoking is a dying habit in the U.S. The only thing worse would be a hemp farm.


We live right on the Tennesse/Kentucky border. Because we are in both states most days, the younger kids are a little confused. Diamond has started telling people we live in Tennkucky.



My new kitchen.


My new family room.



My giant bedroom with giant furniture for my giant husband.




My cute new house!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love your new house and the adventures in your last post. I'm so wishing we had spent more time with you while you were here. I also feel really bad for not helping you move! We were wrapped up in our own stuff and it didn't even dawn on me to help. I'm so sorry. It seems like you're happily settled, though. Were you able to spend some good time with Brian for his R&R?

TulipGirl said...

Great pics! *grin*

Where Much is Given, Much is Required