I received more disheartening news about my travel today. Apparently, my adoption decree is STILL not complete. No one can tell me when that might be finished. When my dossier first arrived in June, I was told that this part of the process was the simplest and quickest--apparently not in my case. So the adoption agency director now thinks that I probably will not even be able to travel at the end of September. Oh, well, what can I do? Pray--like always.
Brian told me yesterday that he wanted to cancel the adoption. I told him it wasn't an option. After we talked for a really long time, the full story came out. He is terrified of the time and energy and especially the money it is going to require to raise and educate 7 children. He is worried he will not be able to bring in the required finances come ten years from now when we have the first three all in college. I was kind of surprised by his fear because we have never been ones to take counsel from our fears. If we were, our lives would have played out in a drastically different fashion. We'd probably still live at home with mom, or at least next door and we would definitely not even have three, let alone five, children. Children are scary. There are no guarantees in life on anything. I suppose that is where faith comes in. After attending a temple session with my family, Brian's heart was changed. He said to me that he is still afraid, but he knows we really are doing the right thing. I hugged him and said, "In our life together we have always been willing to make sacrifices for God and we have never wanted. We may not ever win a jackpot, but we are blessed with loaves and fishes. Jackpots run out, but remember, the loaves and fishes lasted as long as there was need. So it is and will be in our lives."
Early tomorrow we begin our drive across the country from Utah to Georgia. The first two days I am driving by myself with the four oldest children in our new Sonata. Brian is flying back to San Antonio with Giselle, picking up the family bus (currently loaded with 2000lbs of household goods) and meeting me in Tyler, TX. From there we will caravan to Hinesville, GA, just outside of Savannah--home to good ole Ft. Stewart. Yes, feel free to cry with me. I know that things will be good for us in many ways to be in Georgia, but I hate Hinesville and I am not particularly fond of the south!
Here we go again, on yet another Simons family adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment