I really only have one coping mechanism that I know how to use when my husband is gone--play hard. So we headed east to the beach. It is only about an hourish drive to Chilpo beach, just north of Pohang (which if you know your Korean geography is about an hour straight up the east coast from Busan).
The weather was perfect. The water was a frigid current straight from the frozen tundra of Siberia. There was no way I was getting in the water. But the kids don't have enough good sense to stay dry--which is their problem. I figure if they're crazy enough to get in that water--they can deal with the consequences. As you can see, within minutes of arrival they were soaked and shivering and yet, still having their time of their lives. But anyone who can't be happy on a beautiful beach, with beautiful weather and gorgeous (although frigid) water--well, there's something diagnosably wrong with them!
Sand castles, sunbathing, picnicking and a little flirting made the day spectacular. Winter is pretty rough in Korea, but spring and summer are beautiful. . . specifically when there's a beach involved!
I start work in Seoul on the 18th for three weeks and then we are going home to America for a few weeks. I can't wait. I have seen a great deal of Asia and I LOVE to travel. But, there's something about going home to your family, to your where your roots are planted (especially when it's been almost two years), that is the most exciting of all. I am counting the days to step foot in the United States again and see my best friends--my sisters and Julie (who is pretty much my sister) and all the other people that make me who I am. It is really hard to live the nomadic lifestyle we live, and while I thrive on adventure, I need to go home--to my real home--even if it's just for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment