So Brian was denied his request to leave Korea in order to apply for the Orthopaedic Doctoral program for 2013. His branch manager is reminiscent of the wicked witch of the west--only there's no falling houses when we need them. We're pretty devestated. We're also pretty homesick for the states, but now we have to stay here until August 2013 at least. I think we're going to have to plan another major vacation somewhere tropical for Christmas to make the time go faster. Any suggestions? Philippines? Malaysia? Samoa? Back to Thailand?
As far as my career goes, there are a couple job openings I am applying for, but I'm not quite sure if I meet the qualifications and if the timing is quite right. The jobs may be filled before I have my degree in hand and can take the licensing exam. I am flying home to the states in August to take my MFT licensing exam so that I can be a LMFTA and start working on post-graduate hours. If I can't get a job, I will just continue to volunteer in the community. It's a bit disheartening to be at a point where I could really move forward and make some good money, but I am trapped by the military and very few options.
I have spent the last 17 years being a stay-at-home mom, but now that my children are all in school full-day, it feels depressing and pointless to be at home cleaning up the same things over and over again. I'd rather just pay someone else to do that at this point! I am ready to move on in life, but I guess all I can do is pray for miracles. I have never had a shortage in the past, so I know that the right thing will work out. But, I admit that it is discouraging and overwhelming to both myself and Brian to have our dreams shut down so abruptly.
Oh, well, it all works out in the end. And it could always be worse, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment