The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Monday, December 26, 2011

Haad Salad, Koh Phangan--Day 4

Okay, I put these photos chronologically backward, so I'll just give a quick run down of the day's events and you can figure out the order. The waves were still high and the water clarity was poor so snorkeling and diving were still out. We rented a 4x4 truck for $60 and spent the day driving around the island. We found this beach on the northwest side of the island. The waves were really docile and the water was that magical, tropical blue that you dream about at night (or at least I dream about it). It was sunny and absolutely perfect. We spent the entire day on the beach body surfing, swimming, sea kayaking, swinging on the tree swings, getting amazing Thai massages for $8/hr and eating FABULOUS Thai food at the beachside cafe. It was definitely my idea of paradisiacal glory! We stayed until I noticed this creepy guy sitting behind us videotaping my children. I was ticked. It took me a minute to realize what was going on and when I did I was so angry I could have slit his throat with my fingernail! Stupid pedophile! I stood up directly in front of him so that all the view he could get was my backside--but I was so upset about it that I ended up that I just gathered all the children and made them leave. It was probably a good thing by then because the kids were a little bit crispy red.





We drove downtown to the outdoor market area and found fresh fruit smoothies that were spectacular and we wandered around shopping for dresses and sarongs and fresh fruit. We got lost driving home and ended up on this broken road in the jungle with trees growing up through the center and the edges of the road dropping off into rain washed gulleys. It was pretty scary, but when you're on a tiny island, you can only get so lost before you figure it out. We got home and the kids slept extremely well in their little Swiss Family Robinson huts.





















































No comments:

Where Much is Given, Much is Required