I know it is not convenient for readers who like to follow my blog to have to log in or request an invitation, but after reading this article, I feel that I must protect myself and my family. I am such a trusting person and I can't imagine that anyone would really want to read my blog anyway, but I have been reminded how many truly sick individuals there are out there. I realized that when I leave my blog open to the public any one of these sick, twisted predators can download pictures of my children. It is so safe over here in Korea and they do not tolerate the same kind of demented behavior as is currently being protected under the freedom of speech amendment. It makes me sad the way that in America we cannot trust anyone anymore, but it is unfortunately the reality we face.
I had a dream when Oakley was a baby that a mountain lion was about to attack him as he lay sleeping in his bed. It was so real, I couldn't shake the feelings of terror even when I awoke-- so I went to check on him in his crib, half-expecting to find a real mountain lion. When I went back to bed the words came clearly into my head, "There are predators out there that will leave carnage much worse than even a mountain lion, be ready to do whatever it takes to protect your children." That has always stuck with me and now I feel that I must restrict access to my children's pictures and lives. If you want to continue following this blog, please send me a message and let me know who you are (if I don't already know you). If I have sent you an invite before, your same login information will remain. This will take effect in a couple days. Sorry if this disappoints anyone, but I'm sure you all understand. My children's blogs will also require login as well.
READ THIS ARTICLE and do what you can to fight against child predators.
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/09/28/pedophiles-find-home-socialnetworking-facebook/?test=latestnews.
5 comments:
ok so this might sounds creepy, but i hope not. you have no clue who i am...but i am from Moses Lake, wa and i am LDS and i found a link to your blog back when you were adopting your children and sorta got sucked in. i am a new mother of just two little ones, but i love reading about all of your adventures, i think you are a great mom and strong lady. so I would love to still read about all of your fun adventures in korea. if that is alright! tiffanyjoy83 at hotmail dot com
add me please.
Hey Jess,
It's me, Stacy, one of your fabulous dancers. :) just kidding. Please add me too. I love keeping up with you and your family.
stacygoulding at gmail dot com
I'd love to keep reading your blog! Thanks =)
Add me again please!
Dani Flegal from the old neighborhood!
dnlitch at yahoo.com
Post a Comment