The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Florence Gets Baptized

We have waited six months past Florence's eighth birthday to baptize her because we wanted to make sure that she understood the significance and choose to do it because she wanted to. She was very excited. She is a beautiful little thing and it was sweet to see her so happy. Justin, my brother, baptized her and Brian confirmed her. All the kids sang, "I am a child of God" and Oakley and I gave talks. It was only our family, the bishop and the Primary president there. The kids were so excited to have Justin and Alyssa come that the three youngest were especially obnoxious during the service. *sigh* I guess this is life as I know it--sentimental moments punctuated by sheer chaos. Florence didn't seem to notice. She just smiled ear to ear and was especially excited to use her new scriptures during my talk about the Holy Ghost. She chose to go for sushi afterward to celebrate (I've trained my kids well :)!

No comments:

Where Much is Given, Much is Required