The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Friday, March 26, 2010

Houston, We Have Orders!

View of Dongducheon and Camp Casey



Shopping outside of Camp Casey






The PX at Camp Casey

Finally! It took long enough, but this is the Army we're talking about. We have a report date of Aug. 3. We found out we are going to Camp Casey in Dongducheon, which is about 40 miles north of Seoul. There are no DODD schools so I will either have to homeschool or get the kids in an International School. We need to pass the EFMP (especial family member program) to be able to go to as command sponsorship. We are a little worried because Florence is in special education classes, which may put a red flag on our family, but I feel like it will work out. If there's problems, I've always been pretty good at getting my way.


We still have so much work ahead of us, but at least we have orders and we can start planning. I am really excited for this adventure. It will be a little crazy having seven kids in a foreign country, but I think it will be a great experience for the kids to open their minds to and enhance their world view. I know when my family lived in Israel, it had a huge impact on our lives--especially my siblings who attended an International school. We are excited to travel and see the world. I always dreamed of taking my kids overseas and I finally got my wish. I don't think that in my dream I envisioned toting seven, multil-racial children around the world, but even better, right?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds really scary! You are a brave woman. Good luck getting everything ready.

TulipGirl said...

I know you'll turn it into an adventure -- where ever y'all go!

Where Much is Given, Much is Required