The Simons Family

The Simons Family

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Break Hike



Last year for Spring Break we were trekking through Taiwan doing all kinds of awesome stuff.  This year we decided to save our money for other vacations later in the year when we could go for more than a week.  Instead, we decided to play as much as possible with our friends in Daegu.



The first day of Spring break was miserably cold and rainy, but we still decided to head up to Gatbawi--which we've done before--and it is a BEAST of a hike.  It's not exceptionally long, but it is STRAIGHT up the mountainside.  Halfway up there is a Buddhist temple with natural springs where you can refill your water bottles.  It is really beautiful.

(I have no idea why these pictures turned sideways, but I can't figure out how to fix them so just lean your head to the right!)













We were all wiped out and freezing cold when we got down the mountain.  That evening while I did homework, Brian had some family bonding time with the kids.  They are all either on a laptop, an Ipad or a kindle, except for Giselle who is sleeping soundly in the corner of the couch.  The worse part is, they're watching television at the same time.  This is the quintessential example of what NOT to do to improve family communication.  Oh, well, at least they weren't fighting with each other--which is usually what's going on during the day!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Wow! I can hardly believe it's been nearly two years. I just wanted o leave a comment and let you know I'm still reading.

Where Much is Given, Much is Required