Today is the Chinese New Year. It's a big holiday here in Korea. This year is the year of the black dragon and it is considered very lucky and important. I was also born in a year of the dragon. So I decided to look up my Chinese zodiac and see what it had to say about me. Usually these things are pretty hokey, but this one sort of had me pinned.
The key to the Dragon personality is that Dragons are the free spirits of the Zodiac. Conformation is a Dragon's curse. Rules and regulations are made for other people. Restrictions blow out the creative spark that is ready to flame into life. Dragons must be free and uninhibited. The Dragon is a beautiful creature, colorful and flamboyant. An extroverted bundle of energy, gifted and utterly irrepressible, everything Dragons do is on a grand scale - big ideas, ornate gestures, extreme ambitions. However, this behavior is natural and isn't meant for show. Because they are confident, fearless in the face of challenge, they are almost inevitably successful. Dragons usually make it to the top. However, Dragon people be aware of their natures. Too much enthusiasm can leave them tired and unfulfilled. Even though they are willing to aid when necessary, their pride can often impede them from accepting the same kind of help from others. Dragons' generous personalities give them the ability to attract friends, but they can be rather solitary people at heart. A Dragon's self-sufficiency can mean that he or she has no need for close bonds with other people.
People love Dragons so much because they are generous, charismatic, irresistible, and so brave that standing beside them banishes fear. They generate excitement and turn heads anywhere they go. They are free-spirited and impulsive and can help others achieve their dreams. Others love to be around Dragons because they have a way of making people feel better. Dragons are quick to fall in love, but do not surrender their independence easily leaving most of them to live life by themselves. Yet, an smart, witty, and funny companion may intrigue the Dragon long enough to make him want to get married. And once the Dragon becomes committed, he is unlikely to ever leave.
I know, right? Pretty accurate. I have been saying to Brian lately that I am admirable but not necessarily loveable. That is a lot my own doing. I don't let people in to see the softer side of me and really get to know me very often. That's scary for me. Dumping my feelings out in letters, facebook or a blog is fine--but really letting someone be close to me doesn't happen often. Instead, I just intimidate and scare people. I was talking to a guy at church about personalities, and I mentioned that I knew I was really intimidating to people. He agreed with me that I was scary, but said that there was something "kinda hot" about that. It made for a funny, awkward moment at church.
To make things worse, I was born in 1976 so I'm a Fire Dragon. Read this description:
The Fire Dragon is a powerful force to be reckoned with. This is a Dragon doubled! The Fire Dragon can move from calm and collected to combustible in a matter of seconds. In some ways the Fire Dragon is his or her own worst enemy. These Dragons cannot help feeling they are valuable and all-knowing. When they are right their vehemence and vigor is an asset to the cause, and though they value objectivity, they do not always employ the best decision-making measures, and sometimes jump to the wrong conclusion. They also suffer from recklessness and quick tempers. Yet, when they do keep their temper, emotions, and rivaling spirit under control, they emanate a commanding influence on other people.
I guess maybe there is something to these zodiac signs afterall? I admit it, I am totally a victim of my personality. I may scare people away, but I when I get in front of people everyone listens. It's kind of funny the way God gives us such a quirky mix of personality traits (and disorders). So if you want to see what your sign is, you can check the link below. It wasn't really all that accurate for some of the kids. There is no way that Sophia is a docile Sheep! She must have been born in the wrong year. But it's fun to read them anyway.
http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Dragon.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment